Saturday, September 29, 2007

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly.

Il Buono
So I went to Kyoto again and had an excellent time. I saw my first geisha, but she was indoors and it was very brief. We also saw the Silver Pavilion which is a beautiful place. I met some cool people in Kyoto and went drinking with them that night. All in all it was a typical night in Japan. At least what a night in Japan should be.

Il Bruto
My company's in bad shape. What they don't mention is that the Japanese staff haven't been paid for this month. Also, people are getting evicted from their apartments. Nova sublets the apartments to their instructors, overcharges them, and we're pretty sure that that money's going towards people's pay. I have read reports from people who said that they left in August and still haven't gotten paid for their last month of employment. There's an announcement on October 5th, so we'll see what that brings us.

Il Cattivo
I've applied to a few jobs in Osaka, and I've even started applying to jobs in Canada. I've got an offer to teach in Taiwan, but the visa would take several weeks to process. South Korea wants teachers bad, but I suspect that would take several weeks as well. Because of the possibility of returning to Canada soon, I have started to sing "I'll be home for Christmas" to myself.

The worst is hearing people at work. A lot of the instructors have quit, and there seems to be less and less people working at Nova everyday. Right now I show up to be able to pay off the money I still owe Nova, but if there aren't any prospects, I just might go traveling soon and explore the world. So I'll keep you all updated, and maybe I'll see you all sooner than any of us would have imagined.

No comments: