Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Korea bound

I'm leaving for Korea on the 14th. I will not have the internet between now and my arrival in Seoul.

So here's one of my last posts from Japan, if not my last.

So I will write about a few things that I have found to love in Japan. The first is J-pop. J-pop rocks.

The Japanese people are lots of fun. The guys will drink with you, and it's awesome, because most Japanese are light weights.

A lot of Japanese women are naive, and extremely sweet. I won't talk about my successes or failure with Japanese women, but I must say that I was, and still am, quite surprised by how awesome they are. I didn't kick myself for not knowing Japanese until I started talking to Japanese women.

Japanese ancient culture is really beautiful. The temples are always a great sight, even if they're not well known.

The food's good here. Very different, but good.

The Cherry Blossom (Sakura) is beautiful. I saw my first one today that only had a few flowers on it, but I still couldn't help but appreciate the beauty of the few flowers it had on its branches.

I have been dreading leaving the country, and it's near. I'm going to take the next few days to explore.

I'll start writing to you guys from Korea. See you in a bit.

1 comment:

Rachael Glassman said...

So pensieve Paul.

I hope that Korea treats you better than Japan.

On the note of cherry blossoms, one of the first songs I learned on the flute was "Sakura" which is a very pretty ditty.