Thursday, March 20, 2008

More updates from Korea

Korea is alright. Spring is arriving, there's no snow anymore, but now I've been introduced to something quite exciting about Korea. It's called yellow dust here, but wikipedia is nice enough to call it Asian dust. It's basically sand from northern China and Kazakhstan that's picked up and blown around in Asia. It also has pollution, viruses and bacteria! So it's been breathed in by people in Asia, hooray!

I haven't seen it yet, but yesterday was suppose to have some in the air. It occurs every 5 days or so, for the next two months. I'm contemplating buying a ps3 to pass the time... they're cheaper in Korea and the games are in English and Japanese.

On other good news: I can finally speak a bit of Korean. Enough to do simple tasks, make full sentences and I can only get better at the language. I'm also reading Korean fairly quickly.

And for all of you, more K-pop! This is Jewelry (a remake, but with lyrics in Korean and English mixed!), this is Girl's generation and another video by them. And for kicks, a romance song.

I'm a big nerd, so I loved the second Girl's Generation video for one reason, and one reason alone: Princess Leia buns.

I'm heading back to Japan for a visit soon. I'm looking forward to see some cherry blossoms and some friends.

Kissing you all my love,

Paul

1 comment:

emarchak said...

I can't express how amazing your love of K-pop is. Last night Bandsies and I were just talking about how amazing it would have been if we saw you do the dance you mentioned.
Oh Paul, never change! <3